This notice is for this website: [www.marioneaton.com] owned by Marion Eaton (who trades through a limited company, Touchworks Ltd, registered office: 7 Wellington Square, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 1PB, England) and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Marion Eaton and Touchworks Ltd.
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Touchworks Ltd is registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you
(a) either bought or negotiated to buy a book from this website or (b) received a free book and consented to join our newsletters.
2. We process your information in the following ways: (a) To send you a book and (b) keep you updated with special offers and news about our books or those of other selected authors.
3. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until you unsubscribe.
4. Sharing your information: We do share your personal information with third parties. When someone visits this website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the sites.This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website analytics.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by dreamhost.com in how we store, access and manage that information.
When someone visits this website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the sites.This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website analytics.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain sponsored and affiliate links on some pages.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.amazon.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge.
Clicking on any sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. As part of the registration process for our occasional e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for simple reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. They collect your name, email address, I.P. address and the date and time of your subscription. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Marion Eaton.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
• Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
• Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED MAY 2018